Preparation 1 hour | Cooking Time 15 minutes | Servings 8
Download the recipe
Preparation 25 minutes | Cooking Time 3 hours | Servings ~10
After I visited my mother in Seoul Korea June 2018, I came back to Germany with much fulfilled heart AND a second hand Dehydrator! 🙌🏻
I have always wanted to own a dehydrator so bad that my heart began to beat fast with excitement with anticipation of finally getting one. So naturally, I needed a calming agent and decided to make my own blend of Tea for much needed zen-ness.
Here's how I did it ...
Black sesame seed?
I have been having a real pang for some "Black Sesame seed milk" lately.
Since I knew I won't be finding it in Cologne, I decided
"F* it! I'll make my own!" 😆🤘🏻
You only need two ingredients and some elbow grease:
This hip toasty sweet vegan milk has all the health benefits without the chemicals such as preservatives and added sugar/sweeteners from the carton soy milks. This is the new cool milk from the block and you don't need an expensive soy milk maker or tricky to find cheese cloth.
All you need is a pot, bowl and a clean new pair of panty hose! ✌🏻
(I hand washed and sun dried a pair of new unopened panty hose I found in my drawer 😄)
If you are vegan or vegetarian or just a lover of soy milk, you are going to LOVE this recipe for a cool black twist for a healthy exotic kick start of the day.
This little tasty black seed is used for many health-promoting and anti-aging benefits in both western and eastern cultures. In Chinese medicine, black foods are said to nourish the kidneys and black sesame seeds are known to nourish kidney yin. Black sesame seeds are known for its good source of energy due to the high healthy fatty acids and Omega-6 content. You will see these awesome nutritious rich seeds in many oriental dishes. As a Korean girl, aroma of toasted sesame seeds brings my senses to a nostalgic fit of joy 🤤
Not only this milk is hip and delicious, here are some amazing benefits of black sesame seed soy milk:
1. Sesame seeds contain good source of bone forming minerals such as calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. There's more calcium in one tablespoon of sesame seeds than a glass of milk! magnesium and calcium are also important essential minerals that help regulate blood pressure.
2. Along with the relaxing minerals such as magnesium and calcium, it also contains amino acid tryptophan that help produce serotonin ups your mood and helps you sleep better by
3. The healthy fatty acids such as oleic acid and linoleic acid in sesame seeds help in skin beutifying!
4. The seeds are high in copper content which are wonders for the bones and joints
5. Black sesame seeds contain highest level of anti-cancer compound phytosterols out of any commony consumed seeds and nuts
6. The antioxidants in the black sesame seeds protect the liver from oxidative damage. Black sesame seeds are a natural tonic to liver.
7. Black sesame seeds have higher in iron content than other variety.
8. It is a plant-based protein
Notes and tips
Black sesame seed soy milk
This earthy nutritional packed vegan milk is perfect for kick starting your day. Whether drink it straight with dash of stevia/maple syrup/agave nectar or made into a hip smoothie bowl. You can even further zuzzie it up and make delicious black sesame vegan ice cream! You will fall in love with this scrum-delicious wholesome treat!
Prep 11hr Cooking time 30min
After straining soy milk liquid, make sure to save the left over pulp Okara.
This Okara can be used in other delicious recipes such as Vegan Okara bread!